Signs of Alcohol Addiction
Alcohol addiction impacts the lives of millions of Americans each day. Alcohol is a unique substance as it has become a predominant part of western culture. It is commonly seen at social gatherings and used as a way to connect with others or decompress after a long day of work. With the high levels of normalcy placed upon drinking alcohol, it can lead many to wonder if your alcohol consumption is becoming a concern. It is important to remember that alcohol addiction is a progressive, chronic disease that develops and worsens over time. Most people that begin drinking alcohol do not have the intention of developing an addiction to alcohol. However, the longer that you consume alcohol and increase the amounts in which you drink, the more likely you are to develop an addiction to alcohol. If you are concerned about your alcohol abuse or a loved one’s alcohol consumption and if it has progressed into alcohol addiction, here are some common signs and indicators of alcohol addiction:
- Expressing a desire to quit drinking but having failed attempts at doing so
- Having to drink larger quantities of alcohol to reach the same desired effects
- Losing interest in activities that once brought you joy
- Change in social circles to one that is centered around alcohol consumption
- Spending a significant amount of time planning for, engaging in, or thinking about drinking alcohol
- Facing difficulties within the school, work, or relationships due to your alcohol consumption
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you stop drinking alcohol
- When you experience uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms, drinking alcohol to avoid symptoms
- Having strong cravings for alcohol when you are not drinking alcohol
- Continuing to drink alcohol even after experiencing negative consequences from your alcohol abuse
- Drinking alcohol in high-risk situations such as drinking and driving
If you or a loved one is suffering from any form of addiction or abuse, please call Sylvan Detox at (818) 308-3099.
Alcohol Detox in Santa Clarita
When you decide to seek help for your alcohol addiction within an addiction treatment program, the first step in your recovery journey is to address the physical addiction to alcohol through an alcohol detox program. Depending on the severity of your alcohol addiction, you may experience withdrawal symptoms that range from moderate to severe. Alcohol withdrawal symptoms can include high-risk symptoms that may become life-threatening if not treated by a licensed medical professional. Santa Clarita residents can choose to detox from alcohol within Sylvan detox where your health and well-being are placed at the highest priority. Our team of highly credentialed staff will monitor your progress in alcohol detox to treat any presenting withdrawal symptoms with appropriate medical interventions that will minimize the severity of your symptoms. Patients who are experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms will be invited to participate in a medication-assisted treatment (MAT) program. A MAT program provides patients with medications that help to reduce the severity of your withdrawal symptoms and minimize any presenting cravings for alcohol allowing you to remain focused on your goals of overcoming alcohol addiction and reducing any barriers to success. While you receive the highest levels of care from our team, you will be able to remain comfortable with the support of our onsite luxury amenities that will boost comfortability and holistic wellness.
Treatments Used in Alcohol Rehab
After you have successfully completed your alcohol detox portion of your recovery process, the next important step in your journey is to gain an understanding and perspective on what has been the driving force for your addictive behaviors. Addiction typically occurs over a period of time and is not something that someone strives to have. It has rooted within emotions and traumas that have influenced your ability to respond to or manage stressors or day-to-day living. Alcohol consumption can feel like a way to numb any troubling emotions and avoid feeling negative emotions. However, the more you drink alcohol, the more impact it will have on your life. That is why alcohol rehab is designed to empower patients to heal from your past and develop the confidence to manage any triggers or difficulties through healthy coping skills and strategies. Your alcohol rehab program will be designed to meet your specific needs and goals for addiction recovery with the support of evidence-based therapy methods. Your addiction treatment program may include the following evidence-based treatment approaches:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Dual Diagnosis treatment
- 12-step programs including alcoholics anonymous
- Family therapy
- Relapse prevention techniques
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Life skills and social skill development
- Emotional regulation methods
- Nutritional and physical wellness therapy
- Holistic treatments
Types of Alcohol Rehab Programs (write about levels of care, make subheadings)
Alcohol rehab comes in a variety of methods to meet the varying levels of care that patients may require. At Sylvan detox, patients will have the option of participating in an alcohol rehab program that will best suit your needs and lifestyle. Alcohol rehab programs available include:
Alcohol Detox– Patients can reside within our treatment center to undergo your alcohol detox process. A medical alcohol detox will allow you to have ongoing support from licensed healthcare professionals and addiction therapists to support you as you rid your body of the harmful toxins of alcohol and overcome any presenting withdrawal symptoms
Inpatient alcohol rehab- Patients will be invited to reside within the recovery center to participate in a structured daily routine of therapy sessions and physical or holistic treatments. Inpatient rehab provides patients with the opportunity to remove yourself from any distractions and triggers and fully engage in the therapeutic process to heal from the root causes of your alcohol addiction and develop the tools to live a healthy life in sober living
Outpatient rehab- Outpatient rehab provides patients with a flexible option for addiction treatment that allows you to attend the recovery center for addiction therapy and return home at the end of each day. There are some individuals that have a positive support system at home and you feel confident in your ability to abstain from alcohol or there may be some Santa Clarita residents that are unable to leave work or family commitments for an extended period of time. Outpatient rehab works within your current schedule and commitments allowing you to begin your recovery journey when you are ready while upholding your prior responsibilities Outpatient rehab is offered in the following formats:
- Partial hospitalization program- Patients will be invited to spend their days within the recovery center to engage in therapy sessions and life skill or relapse prevention tool development. As you heal from your past and begin to establish a new way of life in addiction recovery throughout your days, you will be able to return home each night to tend to your loved ones or attend work or school.
- Intensive outpatient program- This option for outpatient rehab is the most flexible. Patients will be able to attend the recovery center a few days a week for individual and group therapy sessions. This type of alcohol rehab provides flexibility in when you attend the center, you can choose from evening, weekend, or weekday times depending on your unique needs and schedule. An IOP is ideal to those who have completed prior addiction treatment programs or feel confident in your ability to manage triggers without returning to alcohol abuse.
How Much Does Alcohol Rehab Cost in Santa Clarita?
Just as your alcohol addiction is unique to you, your alcohol rehab program will reflect the same. Sylvan detox offers individualized treatment programs for patients that are centered around your needs and goals for addiction recovery. Depending on what types of treatment you require, the levels of care that you decide to participate in, and any medical treatments or medications that you are provided will impact the cost of your alcohol rehab program. Our team works hard to develop a treatment program that is accessible and cost-effective to fit within your budget and needs for healing.
Sylvan Detox Santa Clarita Alcohol Rehab
Sylvan detox centers offer Santa Clarita residents a comprehensive treatment approach that will effectively support you in addressing and healing from your underlying causes for addiction. We value the unique circumstances that each patient that comes to our recovery center has. There is no one size fits all method to heal from alcohol addiction. An effective treatment plan is rooted in the individual needs of each patient which is why our team takes the time to get to know you and your hopes and dreams for living in addiction recovery. With the support of our evidence-based therapy methods and our compassionate team, you will be empowered and inspired to find your newfound way of life in sober living and have long-lasting success in addiction recovery. If you are ready to begin the transforming journey of addiction treatment and achieve your goals of overcoming alcohol addiction, call us today! We are waiting to hear from you to help you begin your recovery journey now.